There’s a lot of “ink” being thrown around post debate. I’m still trying to keen exactly what happened in the sense that I saw much of the post debate coverage crowning Mitt Romney as the winner but what I don’t understand is how that can be.
What I saw for 90 minutes was an absolute lack of substance on Romney’s part. Platitudes and much repeated campaign rhetoric. A real hard try and coming up with the pithy, catchy phrase that will stick in voter’s minds (trickle down government) but it was an attempt that failed.
There were things I specifically wanted to pull out, things I found absolutely reprehensible but if there is one talking point, one perfect rebuttal this is it:
When you hear Mitt Romney’s camp come out and say we can’t afford another four years like the past four years the response should be what we really can’t afford is another four years like the eight years that preceded the past four.
Another four years of out of control military spending, jingoism masked as making America safe and deregulation that brings us to the brink of a new depression.
These are the things our nation can ill afford. We need to remind people of the state of this nation as it was in 2008 when we watched the stock market lose more than half its value. On October 9th 2007 the DJ average was 14,164.53 and on March 9, 2008 less than two months after the President took office the DJ average had sunk to 6,507.04 that is a loss of 54% of market value!
And today’s the DJ average?
The market has regained almost all of its value back in the four years since President Obama took office. So, if the economy is so bad? How is that possible?
What I saw for 90 minutes was an absolute lack of substance on Romney’s part. Platitudes and much repeated campaign rhetoric. A real hard try and coming up with the pithy, catchy phrase that will stick in voter’s minds (trickle down government) but it was an attempt that failed.
There were things I specifically wanted to pull out, things I found absolutely reprehensible but if there is one talking point, one perfect rebuttal this is it:
When you hear Mitt Romney’s camp come out and say we can’t afford another four years like the past four years the response should be what we really can’t afford is another four years like the eight years that preceded the past four.
Another four years of out of control military spending, jingoism masked as making America safe and deregulation that brings us to the brink of a new depression.
These are the things our nation can ill afford. We need to remind people of the state of this nation as it was in 2008 when we watched the stock market lose more than half its value. On October 9th 2007 the DJ average was 14,164.53 and on March 9, 2008 less than two months after the President took office the DJ average had sunk to 6,507.04 that is a loss of 54% of market value!
And today’s the DJ average?
13,575.36!
The market has regained almost all of its value back in the four years since President Obama took office. So, if the economy is so bad? How is that possible?
No comments:
Post a Comment